- 120g frozen peas
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice from half a lime
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 4 thin slices of rye sourdough, toasted
- 4 fresh eggs
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar (for poaching the egg)
- extra peas for garnish
- Place the frozen peas in pan and cook in a little boiling water for five minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scrape out the flesh taking care to extract the thin, very green layer next to the skin. Place the avocado, peas and half the lime juice in the bowl of a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds. The mixture does not have to be completely smooth.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and chopped mint to the bowl of the food processor. Pulse the mixture until well mixed. Season to taste and add more lime juice if needed.
- Spread each slice of toast with a generous amount of pea, avocado and feta mixture. Arrange on a plate, top with a poached egg and garnish the dish with peas.
**VARIATIONS FOR DIETARY RESTRICTIONS, COOKING TIPS, AND NUTRITION INFORMATION CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.