- 1 heaping cup packed dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds (loosely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc. (optional additions)
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Optional step: Toast your oats (and almonds if raw) in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
- Warm maple syrup (or agave or honey) and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes. Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars.
Nutrition (1 of 10 servings)
Serving: 1 bars Calories: 231 Carbohydrates: 33.9 g Protein: 5.8 g Fat: 9.7 g Saturated Fat: 1.2 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.47 g Monounsaturated Fat: 5.45 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 3 mg Potassium: 332 mg Fiber: 4.4 g Sugar: 20.7 g Vitamin A: 33 IU Vitamin C: 0 mg Calcium: 61.72 mg Iron: 1.25 mg