- 4 bananas large and very ripe
- 1 lb / 450 g fresh strawberries ripe
- Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Hulled the strawberries and slice them as well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (to prevent the fruits from sticking to the baking sheet). Arrange the fruits in a single layer. Place in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours or until fully frozen.
- When the fruits are frozen, place them in the bowl of your food processor. Process until the mixture is creamy and smooth, scraping down the edges of the bowl as needed. It will take a while to reach the right consistency – don’t worry, it’s normal.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve consistency. If you prefer a harder, more ice-cream like consistency, transfer the mixture into a 1.5-liter-capacity metal container (such as a loaf pan) and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. It will be hard straight out of the freezer so let it sit on the counter for 5 to 10 minutes before scooping and enjoying!
- If you’re not eating everything, keep the leftovers in the freezer, covered with plastic wrap.