June Recipe of the Month
Try this creamy Oatmeal Smoothie with peanut butter and banana. With fiber, protein, and healthy fats, this vegan breakfast smoothie is filling and delicious!
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats or quick oats
- 1 banana — chopped into chunks and frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup — plus additional to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt — don’t skip this, as it makes the oatmeal pop!
- Ice — optional, add at the end if you want a thicker smoothie
- Place the oats in the bottom of a blender and pulse a few times until finely ground.
- Add the banana, milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the blender as needed.
- Taste and add additional sweetener if you’d like a sweeter smoothie. Enjoy immediately.
Amount per serving (1 smoothie) — Calories: 327, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Carbohydrates: 54g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 24g, Protein: 8g