- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup cashews or pecans, raw
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, hearts
- 2 tablespoons maca or other superfood you wish to add (green powders, spirulina, protein powder etc)
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cocoa powder for rolling
1. Using a food processor, add the oats and cashews and blend until a coarse meal.
2. Add the maca, hemp seeds, cinnamon and salt and pulse a few times to mix.
3. Add the maple syrup, almond butter and pulse. Start adding the dates slowly.
4. Depending on how dry the dates are you may need to add a few less or few more.
5. The mixture should be dry enough to form into balls but not too sticky. If your mixture is too dry, add a bit more date, maple or almond butter, if it’s too wet add a bit more oatmeal.
6. Roll into balls and roll in cocoa powder.