As the weather gets colder it becomes more difficult to find activities that get us moving throughout the day. Instead of sitting at your desk all day, take a break to walk a couple flights of stairs. It’s a well-known fact that taking regular short breaks at work can have lots of positive benefits. Adding in a stair climb into your day is beneficial for both your body and mind.
10 Reasons Why You’ll Benefit from a Stair Climb Break During Your Work Day
1. Moving around and stair climbing improves muscle tone.
2. Climbing will help you to relax and prevent you from becoming stiff and tense.
3. A short burst of physical activity will increase your concentration.
4. It will help improve your alertness and work speed.
5. Climbing stairs will help to lower your stress levels and can be a great way to help you think more clearly.
6. It gets you away from a computer screen and therefore helps prevent eye strain issues.
7. Helps lower your BMI (Body Mass Index).
8. Improves musculoskeletal disorders by building bone strength.
9. It’s an easy way to inject a short burst of physical activity into your day.
10. It can help you like your job more!