Many people today struggle to fit lots of vegetables into their diets. This easy recipe replaces rice with cauliflower, and packs in more veggies for a delicious dish that’s easily prepared in only 35 minutes!
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 ¼ cups
Per Serving: 304 calories, 15g fat (4g sat); 4g fiber; 12g carbohydrates (5g sugars), 0g added sugars; 30g protein; 200mg cholesterol; 1,060 IU vitamin A (21% DV); 108 mg vitamin C (180% DV); 75mg calcium; 591mg sodium
- 1 teaspoon neutral oil (peanut oil, coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 table spoon garlic, minced
- 1lb of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½” pieces
- ½ cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 4 cups cauliflower rice: prepared cauliflower rice or prepare at home with a food processor
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large flat-bottomed wok or large skillet over high heat. Add eggs and cook without stirring until fully cooked on one side (~30 seconds). Flip and cook through (~15 seconds). Remove and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, scallion whites, ginger and garlic; cook and stir as scallions soften (~30 seconds). Add chicken and cook (~1 minute). Add bell peppers and snow peas and cook (~2-4 minutes). Remove from pan.
- Add tablespoon of oil to the pan, add cauliflower rice, stir and cook (~2 minutes).
- Return the chicken mixture and eggs to the pan, add soy sauce/tamari/GF soy sauce; garnish with scallion greens.