- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp tapioca flour or corn starch or 1 tbsp regular flour
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 4 tostadas or 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 2 ripe avocados optional
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes diced
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add in your ground beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Once the meat is almost fully browned, add in seasonings. If you like more “saucy” beef, add in a slurry of flour + water and let it simmer on low heat until the liquid dissolved (6-8 minutes).
- Remove the beef from the heat and immediately stir in the shredded cheese.
Assembling the Crunchwrap:
- While the meat cooks, place 4 large flour tortillas on a large cutting board. Place a tostada in the center of the tortilla and cut around it to get a smaller tostada sized tortilla. Set aside.
- Place the ground beef on a large flour tortilla and top with salsa and Greek yogurt (or sour cream).
- Place a tostada on top of your “crunch layer.” (I cooked a Siete Foods almond flour tortilla in some avocado oil on a skillet until it got crunchy on both sides – you could also use tortilla chips or regular tostadas!)
- Add mashed avocado, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes on your tostada or crunch layer.
- Add the smaller tortilla we cut earlier on top of that layer and gently begin to fold in the large tortilla to form your crunchwrap. If you need some extra help, I have a video on IGTV!
- Add crunchwrap fold side down to an oiled, hot pan on medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side then flip. Cook until browned and crispy. You can also bake them!
- Cut in half and serve!