Indulge in some of your favorite holiday flavors without all the calories!
- 1/2 cup cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint
1. Put almonds in a food processor and chop.
2. Add the dates and blend well.
3. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract. peppermint extract, and coconut oil. Blend for several minutes until starting to combine. Add a couple drops of water if necessary to help it move.
4. Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few final times to combine well.
5. Take a heaping teaspoon of the mixture in your hand and roll into a ball. The coconut oil will soften and it will be very messy. The warmth of your hand will allow the coconut oil to help bind the bite. You will end up pushing it more together than actually rolling it. While it is still warm press into the peppermint.
6. Allow to set in fridge for 30 minutes and enjoy!