- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into a fine 1/4″ dice
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into a fine 1/4″ dice (optional)
- 2 – 3 cups frozen or fresh kale
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Butter (optional)
- Heat 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add diced sweet potatoes, sliced shallot, sliced red pepper, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, and season very generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are cooked through and tender, about 15-18 minutes.
- Add kale into the skillet approximately during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Taste the hash and season with additional salt or pepper if needed.
- As the hash is finishing up cooking, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot crack open eggs and add them, one at a time, into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cover with a lid. This will help the tops of the whites to set before overcooking the bottom of the eggs. The eggs are done cooking once the whites are just set (the yolk will still be runny).
- Divide the hash among four plates, topping each with one of sunny-side up eggs. Sprinkle the egg with some freshly ground pepper, drizzle with some sriracha, and enjoy immediately!