Dr. Erin Nitschke from ACE Fitness has seven ideas to help you give your routine a much needed springtime face lift.
- Take it outside. Sometimes a change of venue is all that’s necessary to shake off the winter blues.
- Register for a run (or other activity). Nothing provides motivation like a deadline. Spring tends to be the “kick off” to events such as 5Ks, dirt duathlons and hiking challenges.
- Get up early. Spring (and summer) gives us lighter days in the morning, so take advantage of it and greet the day with a good sweat.
- Try a new mode. It’s easy to keep doing the same thing over and over, but if you want to move your fitness threshold a bit further, try a new type of activity.
- Invest in new gear. New workout clothes and shoes might be just the ticket for you to get moving.
- Try a new class. Group fitness classes can be the gateway to new forms of movement. This type of environment also offers valuable social support you may not experience otherwise.
- Take a lesson. Outdoor sports can be a fun way to combine activity with family, couples or friend time.
Check out the full article at https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/lifestyle/blog/7002/spring-clean-your-fitness-routine