Getting enough sleep helps prevent chronic diseases and promotes overall health. Take a few minutes to assess your sleeping habits with these questions and make any necessary changes to ensure you are getting the best quality of sleep that you can.
- Are you going to bed at the same time each night and rising at the same time each morning?
- Are you sleeping in a quiet, dark, and relaxing environment, which is neither too hot nor too cold?
- Do you use any screens before bed for reading, watching TV, or using the computer?
- Do you avoid large meals before bedtime?
DID YOU KNOW:
- It is recommended that adults ages 18-60 should get 7 or more hours of sleep per night.
- Insufficient sleep has been linked to the development and management of a number of chronic diseases and conditions, including type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and depression.
- To improve your sleep get some exercise. Being physically active during the day can help you fall asleep more easily at night.