The holiday season is all about celebrating, being with family and indulging in your favorite treats! Here are some tips and tricks for battling those holiday temptations.
- Buy smaller plates if you are hosting a get together. Using smaller plates makes us feel like we have more food on our plate.
- Eat before you go to a party or out drinking. “Saving your appetite” for a big meal isn’t the best weight-maintenance strategy. Eating meals with protein and fiber before going out will keep you fuller longer.
- Going to a potluck? Bring your own health snack. Try other’s dishes but know that you have your healthier dish to fall back on if you get hungry.
- Choose tall and thin when pouring your drinks. People are more likely to pour less into a taller glass than a shorter one.
- Freeze the leftovers for later. Food that is out of sight is less likely to be reached for when you are roaming the kitchen.
- Drink up! on H2O. Drinking water makes people feel full and as a result they usually consume fewer calories.